LSF Grant Program
The Lewis Sports Foundation (LSF) grant program is designed to promote youth education, physical activity and sport in Minnesota and nationwide. The program was developed to support coaches, administrators, groups, teams, organizations or fund services, and alleviate the financial burdens associated with participating in or managing physical activity and sport. Grant distributions range from $100-$500.
Your written grant request must include the following information:
- Name of Organization
- Federal Tax ID#
- Name/Title of Organization's Contact
- City, State, Zip
- Email Address
- Purpose of request
- Brief description of organization and mission objectives
- Copy of the latest IRS letter of tax exempt status under Section 501©(3)
- List of officers and directors of the organization and their affiliates
- Organizational budget for current year including anticipated expenses/income
- Brief description of the project including geographic/demographic target, timetable and number of children affected.
- Budget summary of project (including anticipated income and expenses)
- List three results you expect to achieve
- List three ways you will measure the results
As a standard practice, LSF provides grants for:
- Team and organizational entry fees to competition or events
- Recreational events
- Athletic Associations
- Non-fundraising sporting events
- Programs that support youth physical activity and sport participation
- Equipment and supplies
- Academic based curriculums that involve health and/or physical activity as their topics
- Other sport interest that are under the discretion of the Board of Directors
Deadlines for the submission of all information for grants are January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1. The number and size of grants allocated each year depends on the budgeted allotment, the number of applications received and the amount of funding requested. Allow 2-4 weeks from the information deadline for a decision on your funding request. (LSF Sports Academies and events are reviewed on separate timelines). The recipient will be notified by email or postal mail as soon as the request for funding has been determined.
If you are awarded funding, your project or event must be completed within 12 months of the grant. Funding renewals are not automatic and cannot be guaranteed. If you are applying for a funding renewal, you must submit a report of the final results from the prior grant with your new funding request. Grants are awarded only once to each applicant. Incomplete funding requests will be returned and will not be considered for funding until complete.